About Staff Selection Commission – Combined Graduate Level Exam (SSC CGL)
Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Graduate Level Examination (SSC – CGL) for recruitment to different Central Civil posts – Assistant Section Officer / Assistant / Inspector / SI / Divisional Accountant / Junior Statistical Officer / Auditor / Accountant / Junior Accountant / UDC / Tax Assistant, for which Graduation from a recognized University is the minimum Educational Qualification required. The recruitment for these posts is done in departments of Central Secretariat Service / Intelligence Bureau / Ministry of Railways / Ministry of External Affairs / Ministry of Defence / CBI and a few other Ministries / Departments / Organisations of the Central Govt.
SSC CGL Tire 1 Pattern
It consists of 4 sections in a single paper. It is conducted for sorting out candidates. Subject Name-Maximum Marks-Questions.
Section Question Total marks Time General Intelligence & Reasoning 25 50. 75 Min. Quantitative Aptitude 25 50. General Awareness 25 50. English Comprehension. 25 50. Total 100 200.
All sections carry 50 marks and 50 questions. One mark for each right question and 0.25 negative marks to wrong answer(s).
Total time given is 2 hours (40 minutes extra for VH candidates).
SSC CGL SYLLABUS 2015 Tier II
- It consists of 3 papers. Every candidate has to give two papers out of 3.
- Paper 1: Arithmetical Ability (For All posts other than SI in CPOs). 100 questions are asked carrying 200 marks. 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
- Paper 2: English Language and comprehension test (All Posts). 200 questions are asked in this section carrying 200 marks. 0.25 marks for each wrong answer given by candidate.
- Paper 3: Mathematics/ Statistics/ Economics/ Commerce (for Compiler/ Statistical/ Investigators posts). It has 100 questions carrying 200 marks and 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
- Time allowed for each paper is 2 hours.
SSC CGL SYLLABUS TIER III: PERSONALITY TEST/INTERVIEW
- Marks for Interview cum Personality Test (except non-interview posts)- 100 marks.
- Skill Test is conducted for tax assistant posts in Central Excise & Income Tax. CPT is conducted for Assistants in CSS.
- Data Entry Speed Test (DEST): speed of data entry must be 8,000 Key Depression/hr. on Computer.
- Data Entry Speed Skill Test at 2000 key depressions in 15 min will be tested and candidates will have to qualify it as it will be of qualifying nature.
Official Website: ssc.nic.in